• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gaurdianship of nephew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pufytale

california
4 years ago my husband and i obtained legal gaurdianship of my
10 year old nephew.during the proceedings the father signed over all parental rights ( willingly ).the father recently got married ( in jail) and now his wife wants to take my boy from me. my question is what chance does she have in succeeding?please help me or lead me to someone that can thank you

Whyte Noise

Please don't think I'm rude when I say this, because sometimes I do come off that way when I dont mean it. But, keep your posts all on one thread. Just hit "Reply" at the bottom of the last person's post to do this. It just makes it a lot easier to keep up with all the facts, instead of them being spread out on different threads. :) We can't give factual advice without all the facts, and hopping back and forth to get those facts makes a lot of people not want to post a response, because they aren't sure if it will even be seen by you.

No. His new wife can't do a damn thing. She has no legal rights to that child whatsoever. She's not his mother. She's not his father. She can't file a thing. It would have to be your nephew's father to file. And quite honestly, filing a motion for custody from a jail cell is NOT a good idea.

P

pufytale

california thank you for your quick response you have totally made
my millenium and as for the two different threads my friend posted the other one trying to help me hoping for more responses
quicker because i don't know when she is planning on doing this.
time is of the essence she will remove it if necesary thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">