• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave me someone else's medical info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PixieStix

What is the name of your state? washington

I have been dealing with a past short term disability claim that was denied by the insurance carrier. I am in the process of appealing their decision at this time. I had requested all my records on file that they had so that I can review the information they were basing their decision on. I went through the paperwork two days ago and discovered that the very last page sent to me is someone else's medical information including their social security number.

Isnt that illegal? And is there anyway I can use their mistake in my favor?

Since I believe it is illegal who would that be reported to?

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

ALawyer

Yes, it is wrong and a undoubtedly a clerical mistake. Bad bad insurance company.

That won't help you much, and although you can try to get the media involved, trying to use it to blackball the insurance company usually will badly backfire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">