• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave my paycheck to someone else

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashtynkay

I live in Michigan. My boss decided to give my paycheck to my coworker because I owed him money, and he told her about it. Is that even legal for her to give someone else my paycheck without my consent?

Just Blue

I live in Michigan. My boss decided to give my paycheck to my coworker because I owed him money, and he told her about it. Is that even legal for her to give someone else my paycheck without my consent?
In addition to what cbg advised, report your boss to HER supervisor. (assuming that your boss isn't the owner of the company.);)

commentator

I suspect this may be a very informal work and pay system here. If this is something "cash only" where the employer gave extra money to the other man, and did not pay you at all, it will be hard to verify this happened and have DOL do anything productive. If there was a paycheck created, directed and consigned to you, that was given to him or deposited in his account or something, that would be all kinds of wrong. But a very important question. Did you work hours for which you were not paid? That's what DOL will want to know.

FarmerJ

When you file formal complaint about not being paid don't be surprised if your employer has bad behavi-our

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">