• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave notice but didn’t leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dguyal

His rent was due on the 27th, I know strange date but it was the date he moved in and we agreed that would be his due date each month

justalayman

When did you deliver the 3 day pay or quit notice (that substantially complied with the requirements described in the law I posted)?

STEPHAN

I handed it to him on the 2nd
You said you texted him on the fourth day that he needs to leave.
Make sure your three-day notice is 100% correct. Something is wrong.
If you start the process with the wrong notice, you will not get far. You can NOT correct this later on.

FarmerJ

Stop using text messages to communicate with tenants , you want to use real paper letters , keep copies and send at the least with a certificate of mailing , why ? if you treat your communications with tenants as if you needed to have proof to show to a judge to prove you communicated to the tenant with your copy of letter and postal receipt stapled to your copy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">