• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

general action law suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


i want to file a law suit against my ex wife the amount is 14,800 i want to do it my self can i if so what is the legal papers is it form cv-751


Senior Member
First and foremost, before you can file any pleadings with any court, you need to buy some capital letters and periods for your keyboard. It looks like you are definitely running out of supply. You might be able to get a good deal on eBay!!

And then, once you have fixed that problem, you are going to have to learn how to follow directions. The courts are generally going to require that!!! [Look at the top of the screen.. see the RED text telling you to "INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE".]

Now, with both of those problems fixed, you are going to have to get some "legal edumacation". Go to your local library and read ALL books that you can about how to file a lawsuit in your state PRO SE (that means without benefit of an attorney). You might also check at http://www.nolo.com/.
They have some really good reference information that might help you.

Finally, after you have gotten your 'edumacation' and learned what you can and can't do, and how to do it, come back here with some specific questions that we might help with. Telling us "I want to sue someone by myself without an attorney, what do I do?" would require far too much legal education than this forum could provide.



Senior Member
And after that edumacation, it would be important to know the topic of the cause of action. There are numerous legal topics and different courts to contend with such as Family, BK, Civil Regular Claims, Probate, State, Federal etc. Heck there is even Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation and arbitration in lieu of litigation.
Lastly, you must consider the Statutes of Limitations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential