• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia - Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miaguy

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was stopped outside Atlanta in June 1993. Got a speeding ticket. At the time I had an Illinois drivers license. I don't remember the county I was in and can't find the ticket. I never paid the fine. I wonder if the statue of limitations has expired or if there is a possibility that a Warrant for my arrest remains oustanding. I've lived in Florida for the last 10 years.

The reason I write is because I may drive to Valdosta in the near future and if I get stopped at least I know what to expect. Thanks in advance for responses.

JETX

"I wonder if the statue of limitations has expired or if there is a possibility that a Warrant for my arrest remains oustanding."
*** If you failed to appear on your ticket, a 'Failure to Appear' bench warrant was probably issued. And if so, the warrant does not expire until such time as you appear in court to answer.

"The reason I write is because I may drive to Valdosta in the near future and if I get stopped at least I know what to expect."
*** If you get stopped in GA and they get a 'hit' on the warrant, your vehicle would likely be towed and impounded (with fees) while you would be detained for the warrant. Very likely an expensive and embarassing situation.

"Thanks in advance for responses."
*** Your welcome.

C

cmurray

You probably don't have worry if you still hold an Illnois license and registration. Alot of states cooperate with drivers license records and will forward their records to your home state. If you have renewed your license this long in Illnois then as long as you don't draw suspicion or speed and invite Georgia troopers to run your name through their database, then why worry?

If your conscious is killing you, then try harder to find it and pay it. There is no better deterrant to speeding than to know you are wanted.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">