• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

get fired or unsafe condition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boomtruckduck

What is the name of your state? Missouri I was wondering if there was any action I could take if my employer willfully put me in an unsafe environment. i drive a truck with a crane on it and my boss made me go out and use it in the middle of a thunderstorm. If i refused i would most likely have gotten fired but i don't think i should have had to do it

Beth3

I don't blame you for being concerned. Yikes. Contact OSHA and see what they say about any regulation that prohibits this and had you refused and been fired, what your recourse would have been.

I'd guess their web site is www.OSHA.gov.

J

Joymindy

Hi...you are not obligate to submit to any employer who asks you to do something illegal, immoral or unsafe!!! Sounds like this needs to be reported, and I would not have gone out in the storm either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">