• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Get out of partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Help4343

What is the name of your state?
Florida

I have been in a partnership with a person for nearly 7 years.
It is an s corporation.

I own two thirds and she owns one third.
She has done nnothing the entire time we have owned the business. The business does allot of revenue with no profit.
I want to disolve the partnership but we can't come to an agreement on a buy out. She says I have been stealing from her but I have not. I have a lawyer but I just need another opinion.

What is the best way out?

Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

Help4343 said:
Florida

I have been in a partnership with a person for nearly 7 years.
It is an s corporation.

I own two thirds and she owns one third.
She has done nnothing the entire time we have owned the business. The business does allot of revenue with no profit.
I want to disolve the partnership but we can't come to an agreement on a buy out. She says I have been stealing from her but I have not. I have a lawyer but I just need another opinion.

Thanks in advance.
**A: what is your lawyer's opinion, so I can see if I agree or disagree?

H

Help4343

He thinks we can call a share holder meeting and ask vote to raise funds by selling more shares. I can buy more shares that will dilute her ownership farther making it less valuable in the event of a judge required buy out.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Help4343 said:
Florida

She has done nnothing the entire time we have owned the business.

MY RESPONSE: Then, do the same as she does!

The business does allot of revenue with no profit.

MY RESPONSE: Then what's the purpose? Why are you breaking your butt for nothing?

I want to disolve the partnership but we can't come to an agreement on a buy out.

MY RESPONSE: She will once she sees that you're just sitting there and doing absolutely nothing! Don't even pick up the telephone. Make her do the work if she wants to protect her interest.

She says I have been stealing from her but I have not.

MY RESPONSE: Can she prove you're a thief?

MY RESPONSE: See above suggestion. Either she "blinks" and gets off her ass and does some work to keep the "ship" afloat, or this "Titanic" of a "no profit" business goes down into the depths.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">