• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

get rid of citizenship that was imposed on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

livix07

Hello everyone.
I am sorry if this question/issue should have been posted under a different topic, I really don't know where to post it on this forum.

I was born in Romania in 1979 under Communism. There was dictatorship at that time. Because my parents were Romanian citizens they had no other option but to make me a Romanian citizen. Leaving Romania legally was impossible at that time. Communism has officially ended in Romania in 1990. However, I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED by Romanian authorities if I want to be a Romanian citizen.

Is it possible to sue the Romanian state (authorities) at the Human Rights Court, have the Romanian citizenship removed from me and then be allowed to travel to a different country (without Romanian citizenship)? What would be the chances to win if it were possible to sue the authorities?

Please let me know if you need more details.

quincy

Hello everyone.
I am sorry if this question/issue should have been posted under a different topic, I really don't know where to post it on this forum.

I was born in Romania in 1979 under Communism. There was dictatorship at that time. Because my parents were Romanian citizens they had no other option but to make me a Romanian citizen. Leaving Romania legally was impossible at that time. Communism has officially ended in Romania in 1990. However, I have never been asked by Romanian authorities if I want to be a Romanian citizen.

Is it possible to sue the Romanian state (authorities) at the Human Rights Court, have the Romanian citizenship removed from me and then be allowed to travel to a different country?

Please let me know if you need more details.
livix07, FreeAdvice handles U.S. law questions only.

You will need to seek out assistance in Romania.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">