• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting a car loan the same day of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coreytime

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

One of my family members recently filed bankruptcy on medical bills, she is in desperate need of a new car, that she can afford. The question is, will she be able to sign for a loan the day after her bankruptcys in court? In other words, as long as that stuff takes to get to the credit bureaus, will this be a problem for her?

bigun

She should do nothing until the bk is discharged.
She does not want to risk the trustee finding out and asking how she's found money in her budget for a car loan when her schedules show she's broke.

djohnson

Wondering how she can afford a car but can't afford to make payments on medical bills? Sounds like a want to afford and trustee could see it as such also.

T

tommy 522

my attorney advised me that I could buy a freight train after I went to the meeting with trustee as long as i could find a lender and could show how i could pay for it! Just because I could not pay all the medical bills , law suites, collection agency fees and court cost plus my living expences when I filed doesnt mean I am forever banned from purchasing anything or that I was bankrupt after the debts are discharged! If so most companys including Donald Trump would be living in poverty!!! Mine was a no asset chapter 7. so take this as advice given to me !!! you may be diffrent! I bought a truck 2 weeks after meeting witht the trustee and notified trustee of such and he said ok with him and hoped me lots of luck in the future , with my health and finances. Also I had so many medical bills their would have been no way to pay them off in my lifetime even if I gave them 1/2 of my social security disibility check!! he even told us at the meeting that I was collection proof nothing could be taken and i could have high medical bills in the future!!! but i wanted to get it over with!!!! good luck!! pleas talk to your attorney!! dont take my advice or anyone else opinion that isnt a attorney [WE AINT GOING TO COURT WITH YOU] This is a forum ! not legal advice. good luck

Last edited:

coreytime

im just wondering how it can be hard for her to find a lender right after the meeting with the trustee? She only started filing papers 3 weeks ago and has the trustee meeting on tuesday..... credit agencies arent notified that fast of a bankruptcy or are they?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">