• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting A Court Order Against A Town For Falling To Stop Speeders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chris gotti

What is the name of your state? maine

I LIVE ON A RESIDENTIAL STREET IN MAINE,A STREET THAT HAS BECOME VERY DANGEROUS BECAUSE THE TOWN UNOFFICIALLY TURNED THE STREET INTO A BYPASS BETWEEN 2 SECONDARY HIGHWAYS.

99% OF THE VEHICLES SPEED AND THE POLICE CHIEF REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING INCLUDING REFUSING TO PUT UP A SPEED LIMIT SIGN. I GUESSTIMATE 300-400 VECHILES TRAVEL THE ROAD,99% GOING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. THIS STREET IS HEAVILY POPULATED WITH CHILDREN. PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO SIMPLY GO TO THE TOWN OFFICIALS,STATE POLICE OR STATE GOVERNMENT. I HAVE AND ALL SAID ITS A TOWN SITUATION. ITS OBVIOUS ITS A DANGEROUS STREET.

I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN GET A COURT ORDER AGAINAT THE TOWN AND OR THE POLICE CHIEF TO ENFORCE THE SPEED LIMITS.

SINCERELY

Last edited:

C

chris gotti

The State Is Maine. THE town has had 3 pedestrians hit in one year,to insinuate the town has a problem with controling traffic

Last edited:
C

chris gotti

i live on a residential street which always has been a shortcut between 2 state highways. the vehicles cutting through in the past was not that bad.

about a year ago,town officials redesigned the state roads with signs to send traffic down my residential street so 1000s(?)of vehicles use the road now.

99% of the traffic goes over the unposted speed limit. i went to local and state authorities to bring it to thier attention:nothing was done.

to summarize with a statement:99% of the traffic is speeding according to the legal law on town books. i want enforcement according to the law.

i want to know if i can get a court order to make the speed laws be enforced.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">