• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting added to husbands work ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evileyes

hope this is the right forum. indiana. i was laid off from place of employment. husband ask about adding me to his insurance where he works (i had my own coverage @ no cost) they told him had to wait for open enrollment . i read his hand book and it says can add at any time do to marriage,adopting and( spouse) if they lose coverage as long as they lose previous coverage at no fault of their own . i called them and questioned the open enrollmentand they told me the same thing . i took the hand book in and showed it to them they said yes he could have put you on when you got laid-off from work . now they are saying we waited to long to add me on his insurance. i told them that we ask same month i got laid off and they told us no. now they wont tell us an open enrollment date. this started in may.his cost for adding me was cheaper than cobra ins.

1) how many days can you wait for before adding if any.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I answered your question on the thread you "hijacked", not seeing that you had started your own thread. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">