• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting an amended wage with holding issued by DCSS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teddybee2015

What is the name of your state, CA?

Good Morning Everybody,

I just had a quick question?

On 10/29/14 a payment is scheduled to post to my child support account in the amount of $323.07 and with my current balance being $311.98. After the payment post my account will actually have a credit of $11.09. Now with that being said as of 10/29/14 my child support account for both current support due and arrears have been paid in full.

Now I have spoken with my case worker before and she has informed me that once my account has been paid in full and reached a zero balance that she would have no problem with immediately issuing an amended wage with holding order and sending it out. The only thing that sucks at this current moment in time is that she happens to be out of the office at least according to her voice-mail.

I called yesterday 10/27/14 and spoke with the main customer service rep that informed me he would be sending her an email and she has 48 hours to reply and act on it, if she doesn't then it would be her supervisors responsibility to act on with in 48 hours. Now shouldn't her supervisor already act accordingly on it since she would know if her employee is in fact out of the office or not?

My issue/concern is that once 11/01/14 roles around then the monthly support amount is added to my balance and I’m afraid that they will give me the excuse that it’s no longer a zero balance when they finally get around to it.

If it helps any my current monthly support payment is in the amount of $560 a month but they have been taking $323.07 every bi-weekly paycheck totaling $646.14 every month.

Any suggestions, tips, advice, or help would be appreciated.

Also, if anybody wants to refer to my previous posts please don't because though this case is in reference to that. This is a simple quick question that is dealing with what’s currently going on.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Good Morning Everybody,

On 10/29/14 a payment is scheduled to post to my child support account in the amount of $323.07 and with my current balance being $311.98. After the payment post my account will actually have a credit of $11.09. Now with that being said as of 10/29/14 my child support account for both current support due and arrears have been paid in full.

Now I have spoken with my case worker before and she has informed me that once my account has been paid in full and reached a zero balance that she would have no problem with immediately issuing an amended wage with holding order and sending it out. The only thing that sucks at this current moment in time is that she happens to be out of the office at least according to her voice-mail.

I called yesterday 10/27/14 and spoke with the main customer service rep that informed me he would be sending her an email and she has 48 hours to reply and act on it, if she doesn't then it would be her supervisors responsibility to act on with in 48 hours. Now shouldn't her supervisor already act accordingly on it since she would know if her employee is in fact out of the office or not?

My issue/concern is that once 11/01/14 roles around then the monthly support amount is added to my balance and I’m afraid that they will give me the excuse that it’s no longer a zero balance when they finally get around to it.

If it helps any my current monthly support payment is in the amount of $560 a month but they have been taking $323.07 every bi-weekly paycheck totaling $646.14 every month.

Also, if anybody wants to refer to my previous posts please don't because though this case is in reference to that. This is a simple quick question that is dealing with what’s currently going on.
Put this with the other thread you closed as this deals with the same matter.

CSO286

Good Morning Everybody,

Pay your November obligation promptly.

Most states use automated CS monitoring/enforcement computer systems. So once the case gets flagged in the system as being paid current, it would go through a series of checks before issuing an amended Income Withholding Order (this could take 1-3 days). Said order would most likely print in overnight processing and if the worker (like he/she SHOULD) double checks its info and case balance information and finds an arrears balance still owing, they would not send it.

However, if you are correct in that the only balance owed effective November 1 is the current November obligation, then the amended withholding order should be sent.

What you need to realize is that your caseworker likely has between 300-600 cases they are responsible to monitor. Some of these routine tasks (like your amended IWO) can get pushed aside for a day or two if they worker has higher priority tasks to attend to; preparing for a court or making sure judgments are renewed before they expire, etc. (Or, God forbid, they are sick, or have a sick kid. I can tell your from personal experience, that that type of task--sending out an amended IWO--would simply sit on my desk until my return.)

Yes, you want to monitor you case to make sure you aren't overpaying your support, and that's great. But you also need to realize that the person on the other end of the phone (or computer) is a human being, too.

Oh, and given that your previous post deals with this child support obligation, you should have simply added this question to that thread. Many times the older info is relevant to the current situation. In any event, it keeps all your info in one place.

Last edited:

Teddybee2015

CSO286,

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it.

As I stated previously I spoke with the normal customer service for DCSS on Monday and he informed me he would send a referral to my case worker and either she would have 48 hours to act on it or her supervisor would if in fact she was out of the office. Weather she was in fact out of the office was never confirmed with me I was just simply relying upon what her voice-mail informed me when I called her in an attempt to get a hold of her to discuss this matter.

So 48 hours would be the end of business day on Wednesday. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly and that the amended IWO gets issued and in fact sent out with no problems. Also, to verify yes as of November 1st, 2014 all of my arrears plus current support obligation will be paid and current. It would actually be in fact tomorrow October 29th, 2014 if the payment does in fact post to my account that I'll actually have an overage of $11.09.

I further more understand that case workers now a days have an extremely heavy case load due to budgets and new cases as well but from my point of view I don't think it would be that much of a trouble for her to go ahead and take the steps necessary to go ahead and complete issuing and mailing the amended IWO for me. Now I say that considering she has called me on a couple occasions requesting me and informing me to pay the balance and she would have no problem going ahead and issuing the new IWO for me.

I will let everybody know the outcome that is if they care to know. But again thank you for your help.

Pay your November obligation promptly.

Most states use automated CS monitoring/enforcement computer systems. So once the case gets flagged in the system as being paid current, it would go through a series of checks before issuing an amended Income Withholding Order (this could take 1-3 days). Said order would most likely print in overnight processing and if the worker (like he/she SHOULD) double checks its info and case balance information and finds an arrears balance still owing, they would not send it.

However, if you are correct in that the only balance owed effective November 1 is the current November obligation, then the amended withholding order should be sent.

What you need to realize is that your caseworker likely has between 300-600 cases they are responsible to monitor. Some of these routine tasks (like your amended IWO) can get pushed aside for a day or two if they worker has higher priority tasks to attend to; preparing for a court or making sure judgments are renewed before they expire, etc. (Or, God forbid, they are sick, or have a sick kid. I can tell your from personal experience, that that type of task--sending out an amended IWO--would simply sit on my desk until my return.)

Yes, you want to monitor you case to make sure you aren't overpaying your support, and that's great. But you also need to realize that the person on the other end of the phone (or computer) is a human being, too.

Oh, and given that your previous post deals with this child support obligation, you should have simply added this question to that thread. Many times the older info is relevant to the current situation. In any event, it keeps all your info in one place.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think the part you're not getting is that your caseworker (and her supervisor) likely have more pressing situations to deal with than yours. So what you think "shouldn't be a problem" may well get pushed off a day, two or five+. it's the nature of the beast. In any industry, these days - too much to do, not enough time or manpower.

And again - it is best to keep all of these questions together, rather than starting multiple threads.

Teddybee2015

Stealth2,

Thank you for you input, I do appreciate it. But please don't tell me what I am getting and not getting because I get and understand what everybody has said regarding my thread. Yes you are right that there is probably more pressing situations then mine, but am I not entitled to have a say so in my case and to ensure that my case is being manged as well since I have paid my child support in a timely manner?

I am not asking my case worker to just stop everything she is doing but in my opinion if she can pick up a phone and call me 3 times attempting to see if I would be willing to pay off the account to reach a zero balance in order for her to issue an amended IWO then I think I deserve a little bit of her time out of her busy day considering I did just that and brought my account to a zero balance as she requested.

I am not trying to be a dick or stuck up in either so be please don't take it that way.

I think the part you're not getting is that your caseworker (and her supervisor) likely have more pressing situations to deal with than yours. So what you think "shouldn't be a problem" may well get pushed off a day, two or five+. it's the nature of the beast. In any industry, these days - too much to do, not enough time or manpower.

And again - it is best to keep all of these questions together, rather than starting multiple threads.

Teddybee2015

Just an update,

Today the payment posted and I actually spoke with not only my case worker but her supervisor as well and I got my amended IWO issued. So I guess its a win-win situation.

Again I wanna thank everybody for there help with regards to my thread even the sarcastic ones. Everybody have a nice day.

Stealth2,

Very well said. Your welcome as well. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">