• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting annulment in Nevada or Cali?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dbnboy

my friend and I got married in Vegas hammered, total mistake ad we've never even had sex ever together.
We got marred in Vegas but live in Cali and both want to speedily get it done.
Any advice where (Nv or ca)and quickest way please

NIV

The quickest and easiest way is probably to get a divorce in California. NV has no special advantage and may not be available to CA residents and annulments are not routinely granted.

latigo

my friend and I got married in Vegas hammered, total mistake ad we've never even had sex ever together.
We got marred in Vegas but live in Cali and both want to speedily get it done.
Any advice where (Nv or ca)and quickest way please
An annulment is not an option here. Not in in Nevada, California nor in any other state. Not without legal grounds and buyer's remorse is not one of them. And the same can be said of consummation, whether it occurred or not.

Dbnboy

Don't know about that?are those facts?
I read that if you marry and are not of sound mind you can annull.

NIV

It would depend on what you mean and how your facts apply. A person who is so intoxicated/insane so as to not have capacity to consent would be a reason for annulment. If the other party was adjudged insane and you didn't know about it until after the marriage might be another. If the other was a minor and did not have permission of their parents might be another. But, in each case, it gives rise to facts that must be proven.

Divorces in a no-fault state like CA. If you both agree to property settlement and don't want support, you would probably be able to do a summary dissolution and that could go quickly.

In almost all cases, an annulment is going to take more time to gather evidence and prove it in court.

latigo

I'll tell you what to do wisenheimer. If you think that you can convince a family judge that either or both of you were so clinically deficient mentally that you were unaware of the legal consequences of your actions, then hop to it. But my guess is that when the judge finds out the circumstances he is going to look seriously for something by which by he can hold you in contempt for taking up his daylight and abusing the legal processes.

Just Blue

Sooo...If I understand you...

In a drunk'en fit of "s...sn'giggles" you both decided it was a REALLY GOOD idea to marry. In Vagas. The birthplace of "OMG I married this person and now I am damned with the results" City of the world. Do what all of the other "OMG I was so wasted and now must pay the piper" people do and get a quickie divorce. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">