• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting back my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shun

My child father got physical custody by default due to me missing the court date but I took the child back& he used that in court to get sole custody but no evidence that the child is in any harm just that I take him

Just Blue

My child father got physical custody by default due to me missing the court date but I took the child back& he used that in court to get sole custody but no evidence that the child is in any harm just that I take him
Why did you miss the court date?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thing is, you violated the court order. Judges *really* don't like it. You should really speak with a local lawyer to see how you can work your way towards unsupervised parenting time. 'Cause right now? The court is unlikely to let you have anything but supervised time.

Shun

Thanks so much so even if he's not home during the week & his girlfriend watches him will there be anyway to get him bcak full time since this is my child first time being away from me

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thanks so much so even if he's not home during the week & his girlfriend watches him will there be anyway to get him bcak full time since this is my child first time being away from me
At this point, you NEED a lawyer. Your time to make that argument was before you broke the judge's order.

ETA: please answer the question as to why you missed the hearing.

Last edited:

Just Blue

You will be lucky to get supervised visitation. There is no way you will regain custody for quite sometime in the future.

t74

You should look into parenting/co-parenting programs at you local family services agencies. Your postings indicate you need an attitude adjustment and participation in a program will demonstrate that you are serious about becoming more responsible. Your attorney may be able to recommend one favored by your local courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">