• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting credit refunded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammywho

I sent back a computer to the computer store in Pa. On March 6 2000 they recieved it. (Signed ups slip) I was told it takes 30 days after they recieve it to credit my account. They still have not done this and now say it may take another 30 days. What are the laws or my legal options? I have credit with their bank with payments due. I would appreciate any advice. Thank-you

A

Attorney_Replogle

You are basically doing the right thing. Your "rights" are contained in all the purchase agreement documents you signed, plus the company's return/refund policy. This is basically a contract type issue, so general contract law will also apply.

I would suggest that you send a letter (keep a copy!) to the computer store. Recite the original agreement regarding the return. Also recite the date you sent it to them and include a copy of the UPS proof of delivery. Then tell them that they were originally to send back your money and completely cancel the sale. They have now requested 30 more days to do this. Then end it with a demand that said sale cancellation and refund of your money must happen no later than such-and-such a date.

Send a copy of that letter to the bank. You are sending a copy of this letter to the bank to protect your credit. OK?

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">