• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting husband off birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momtocaleb

What is the name of your state?Missouri. My question is can I get my husbands name off my son birth certificate if he is not the biological father? We have been married for nine years but have only lived together for two of those years. They were not consectives years either. He has a drinking problem and apron string problems. After 1 1/2 of seperation in 2002 I was with someone else for a while. My husband wanted to work things out so I told him it was his. Stupid I know. Now I have been seperated from him since July 4,2004. He has continually beg to get back together for the sake of my son. But I do not want my son around that enviroment. I done. Now that he knows that I serious he is telling me he is going to take my son. He says that even though he is not the father he is on the birth certificate and he can get him or at least rights to him. Am I screwed? I am barely making it . I cant afford a high dollar fees. Has he got me? :confused:

LdiJ

momtocaleb said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri. My question is can I get my husbands name off my son birth certificate if he is not the biological father? We have been married for nine years but have only lived together for two of those years. They were not consectives years either. He has a drinking problem and apron string problems. After 1 1/2 of seperation in 2002 I was with someone else for a while. My husband wanted to work things out so I told him it was his. Stupid I know. Now I have been seperated from him since July 4,2004. He has continually beg to get back together for the sake of my son. But I do not want my son around that enviroment. I done. Now that he knows that I serious he is telling me he is going to take my son. He says that even though he is not the father he is on the birth certificate and he can get him or at least rights to him. Am I screwed? I am barely making it . I cant afford a high dollar fees. Has he got me? :confused:
How old is your child?..2 or so? If that's correct you may be able to challenge the legal paternity. The older the child, the stronger the legal father's chances are of retaining legal paternity.

CJane

Missouri presumes that any child born within a marriage (or within 300 days of the dissolution of a marriage) is legally the child of the man & woman in the marriage. This can be disputed, via blood/DNA tests, but is occasionally difficult to undo if the actual father cannot be located.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">