• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting name off lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

perplexities

Recently I have given my managers the 20 days written notice, Washington state. I have a lease signed until June 2001. My roommate chooses to remain living here and her name is also on the lease. I paid a security deposit and my "last months" rent. My manager told me that I will not get any of that money back even though I am up to date on all of the rent that I owe. I understand that I will not get my deposit back but I thought that maybe that I could get my last months rent back.
If I were to move out, unless my roommate were to find a new roommate or agrees to pay the entire rent, the managers says that I will be responsible to pay until June 2001. Also I would have my name on the lease and if anything were to happen to the apartment I would be held patially responsible even though I would not reside in the apartment.
Is there anyway to completely break the lease and not be held responsible??
Is there any chance that I could get the $225 from my last months rent??

P

perplexities

That is not what I wanted to hear!! Thanks a lot...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">