• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting out of a lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heather0879

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
My husband and I seperated and I went and leased an apartment for 12months. However, my husband and I have decided to seek marriage counseling while living separetly. I am unaware of how to get out of the lease. Even if my husband and I was not going to work it out the apartments are not what they apear. It is 3 stories high and I am on the bottom and the tendants above me have a large dog which poops and pees straight through the porch onto my porch. Which means my children nor myself can sit on the porch. The tendants above me talked to me when I was moving my stuff in and said that they would not let there dog do that anymore, but wrong, it still does. And they told me that they spray every month just to be safe on no bugs, wrong again, there is roaches that were not out until I moved in. Is there anything I can do about this lease? Maybe find someone to take it over for me? Please help!

Gail in Georgia

Yes; your best option is to see if you can sublease the apartment to another person.

Otherwise, you did sign a legal contract and you would be reponsible for the rent during the period this contract is in effect.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">