• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of a ticket with speedometer calibration error?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Its obvious you are a cop. It sounds like you wouldn't even think twice about handing out a 300 dollar ticket, and raising someones insurance premium for 3 years.
I guess it wouldn't matter, since this thread is over FOUR years old! :rolleyes:

Way to start out here!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Its obvious you are a cop. It sounds like you wouldn't even think twice about handing out a 300 dollar ticket, and raising someones insurance premium for 3 years.
Necropost not withstanding...

He isn't, but I am.

And no, I don't think twice about giving people tickets because it's not MY fault that they were breaking the law.

Lol

He isn't, but I am.

And no, I don't think twice about giving people tickets because it's not MY fault that they were breaking the law.

ya an its not like you cops have ever sped on duty or off, or like your judges dont get caught driving under the influence of wine and opiates and get let off the the by the stopping officer. no these arnt the accounts of a normal Californian who has be prosecuted and treated wrongfully for how i look or my associations, battered by on and off duty sheriffs and cops (peace officer bid u not). Na there seams to be nothing corrupt within our flawless law system.

Last edited:

Zigner

ya an its not like you cops have ever sped on duty or off, or like your judges dont get caught driving under the influence of wine and opiates and get let off the the by the stopping officer. no these arnt the accounts of a normal Californian who has be prosecuted and treated wrongfully for how i look or my associations, battered by on and off duty sheriffs and cops (peace officer bid u not). Na there seams to be nothing corrupt within our flawless law system.
I'm sorry - but the "he did it so I did it" didn't fly with your momma and it don't fly here :rolleyes:

(Yes, I know this is an old thread, I just had to reply to the asinine post by kapeedmaro)

Chainy

Unbelievable

He isn't, but I am.

I stumbled on this thread while trying to find a place to have my speedometer tested and fixed. I purchased my jeep from a jeep dealer over 2 years ago. It already had a lift kit and oversized tires on it when purchased. I was pulled over 2 days ago for speeding (70 in a 55). What bothers me more than anything else is the officer could've given me a written warning requiring me to show the problem was fixed. He brought it to my attention that the tires were probably the issue. He tells me to have it checked and bring it to court and it will go favorable for me, Interesting. So I get a ticket for something he knows is an issue. Okay, as far as it is my responsability to ensure my vehicle is safe before it gets on the road, I get that. I also get that I have to have my vehicle inspected yearly by a state qualified inspection station to be allowed to move my vehicle on the roadways. So, by that reasoning, isn't it in fact the state that is liable for allowing me to drive a potentionally unsafe vehicle on the road? This is my first ticket in years and I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

Zigner

Please don't necropost - this thread originated 6+ years ago...

Start your own thread with your own issue.

I stumbled on this thread while trying to find a place to have my speedometer tested and fixed. I purchased my jeep from a jeep dealer over 2 years ago. It already had a lift kit and oversized tires on it when purchased. I was pulled over 2 days ago for speeding (70 in a 55). What bothers me more than anything else is the officer could've given me a written warning requiring me to show the problem was fixed. He brought it to my attention that the tires were probably the issue. He tells me to have it checked and bring it to court and it will go favorable for me, Interesting. So I get a ticket for something he knows is an issue. Okay, as far as it is my responsability to ensure my vehicle is safe before it gets on the road, I get that. I also get that I have to have my vehicle inspected yearly by a state qualified inspection station to be allowed to move my vehicle on the roadways. So, by that reasoning, isn't it in fact the state that is liable for allowing me to drive a potentionally unsafe vehicle on the road? This is my first ticket in years and I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

TigerD

... it is my responsability to ensure my vehicle is safe.....isn't it in fact the state that is liable for allowing me to drive a potentionally unsafe vehicle...I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.
You are right. It shouldn't bother you.
1. With years of driving experience, you should have been able to tell the difference between 55 and 70.
2. A flawed speedometer doesn't make a vehicle unsafe.
3. Sounds like the officer was a stand up guy - follow his advice.

TD

Bali Hai

Bottom line: Do you want to spend your money paying speeding fines or fixing your speedometer that you know is clearly not giving you the correct speed? I'm sure it would bother you alot more if you were involved in a fatal accident where your speed was determined to be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">