• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kyle_sentz

Just after Christmas. My roomates asked me to move out. They claimed I was to messy. They no longer wanted me to live with them. Sense then, I have moved out. I have payed my last two months rent on time. However. I now live 60 miles away, and have a job. I want to know if their is anyway that I can get out of my lease. It ends in July. I am tired of paying for a place I cannot live at. I live Indiana. Any advice as to what my options are...If any, besides sub-let. Thank you for your time

Kyle.

D

djdj

how do you know they are not ripping you off, and someone is renting that room?

is your name on the lease? if not you are dumb for paying them rent.

K

kyle_sentz

Yes my name is on the lease. All four of the party are on the lease. I know they are not sub-letting because I was up their a week ago. Do I have any options?

D

djdj

why not have a long talk with the landlord and see if he will take you name off the lease..

and what can they do anyway.....the landlord cant sue you, and the other roomates can...but wont....

The roomates wanted you out, therefore they have agreed to pay your share of the rent themselves......

dont pay them this months rent......let the roomates suffer

K

kyle_sentz

O.K

Alright man. I will take your advice for now. I'll quit paying the rent. We shall see what they do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">