• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting out of roofing contract in colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

can You tell me if we can get out of a roofing contract? We live in Colorado we signed the contract on June 13 2018 after a big storm. Nobody has contacted us from the company till today 8/22/2018 we have already hired somebody else.

Just Blue

can You tell me if we can get out of a roofing contract? We live in Colorado we signed the contract on June 13 2018 after a big storm. Nobody has contacted us from the company till today 8/22/2018 we have already hired somebody else.
What did the contract state regarding the start date of the work? How many times did you try to contact contractor?

The contract we cant even read all of it because the guys who wrote it didnt push hard enough for it to transfer onto the carbon copy. we contacted them twice in june and twice last month. The guy who wrote doesnt even work with the company anymore and i talked him last week and he told me we could get out of it because it says prices good for 30 days?

Just Blue

The contract we cant even read all of it because the guys who wrote it didnt push hard enough for it to transfer onto the carbon copy. we contacted them twice in june and twice last month. The guy who wrote doesnt even work with the company anymore and i talked him last week and he told me we could get out of it because it says prices good for 30 days?
Okay...what was your understanding of the start date. I wouldn't trust anything an ex employee says.

PayrollHRGuy

Well I doubt "they guy" is a lawyer so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Have you talked about this with the contractor yet?

Well I doubt "they guy" is a lawyer so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Have you talked about this with the contractor yet?
we are calling him tonight after work we thought everything was good with canceling the contract but he called today and left a voicemail. should i contact a lawyer? we already had another company do the work they did it toady because we thought everything was good?

PayrollHRGuy

You clearly aren't going to have the guy redo the roof.

When you talk to him tell him you couldn't wait and thought the contract was no good after 30 days and had someone else do the work. If he sues then you get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">