• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting paid for driving drunks home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kay97

I was wondering, I live in Northwest Indiana, and after getting a OWI, A group of friends and I thought we could start a business. I know there are nonprofit organizations that will drive drunks home, however I was wondering what the possibilities were of making money by advertising rides to and from a bar. Is there special things I need to know, and if it is possible how should i get started? And I would also like some legal standpoints, some of the processes we would have to go through if any.

L

lukewall

Good Idea !! first things first Ask your self can i handle that smell of drunk People for a Few hours a day and sometimes having to clean up Puke ??
1) A Good Name For Your New Biz.. Like Justice Severd
2) livery Insurance
3) Businness licence
4) livery registration
5) and more tax forms to fill out ( Come Tax Time )
just my opinion

Good Luck.

racer72

In almost all states you would be required to do the following: 1. Obtain a business permit to operate a "ride for hire" or taxi business, 2. Obtain the required drivers license (chauffer, taxi driver, commercial etc.),3. License the vehicle as a taxi, and 4. Pay the high cost of insurance (business and car). The cost of doing all of the above could could run into the thousands of dollars. Also consider, depending upon the size of the town where you live, there is probably already one or more taxi companies already in business. If a drunk won't call for a taxi for a ride, why would they call you? The idea in principle is a good one but negatives far outweigh the positives.

C

ckasinecz

MADD

Wouldn't it be nice if the local police departments ran a service like that so that anyone over their limit could safely get home. They way it is now, the police lie in wait for the drunks to leave the bar so that they can get their quotas. It is all about money to them, they do not care about "protecting and serving" their communities. The would be accident victims should be protected and those responsible enough to not get behind the wheel drunk should be served.

B

bini

You will probably do what you want, but from your name I take it your a female. well then ask yourself "Do I really want drunk males I do not know in my vehicle with no protection for a substantional amount of time!" If the answer is no then don't do it. If the answer is yes then why even ask, you have already made up your mind!

Good Luck
Bini.

PS. Even if you are a guy please ask yourself the same question, please remember that even though they appear to be, not everyone is your friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">