• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GFE\Respa on refinance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyleclark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hi all - I just signed the papers for my refinance. I had asked the lender to send me an itemized estimate of my closing costs a week before the closing. I only received it 3 hours before closing. Now I'm mad because their are costs on their I would of disputed. I have 3 days to cancel the loan but don't want to, I just want some costs removed or reduced. What are my legal and fair business options?

Thanks in advance,
KevinWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Well if you don't want to rescind, your going to have to do your best after the fact.
What makes you think that if you protested some of the a week ago or whenever you would have been successful?
What items are you concerned about and how much?

Sheriff10

What was the timeframe between loan application and closing? The lender is required by law to mail the Good Faith Estimate to you within 3 days of loan application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">