• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GFSZ created a disaster!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAK-000

The gun Free School Zone law introduced by Sen Herb Kohl, D Wi in 1990 has not aided school safety in any way. I've done a little research into the numbers. This is what I've found.
1990 to 2023 is 33 years. 1990 -33years is1957.
From 1957 to 1990 there were 101 shooting deaths in the USA.
From 1990 to 2023 there were about 450 shooting deaths.
In 1957 and until the GCA of 1968, rifles and shotguns could be bought via mail order.
More homes, by percentage, had firearms in 1957 as opposed to 2023.
Obviously the GFSZ signs do not work as intended. 95-98% of mass shootings occur in GFSZ.
State run mental hospitals have been closed down.

Other than society having more criminals and mentally ill running loose on our streets, along with court systems coddling these criminals what has changed?

quincy

The gun Free School Zone law introduced by Sen Herb Kohl, D Wi in 1990 has not aided school safety in any way. I've done a little research into the numbers. This is what I've found.
1990 to 2023 is 33 years. 1990 -33years is1957.
From 1957 to 1990 there were 101 shooting deaths in the USA.
From 1990 to 2023 there were about 450 shooting deaths.
In 1957 and until the GCA of 1968, rifles and shotguns could be bought via mail order.
More homes, by percentage, had firearms in 1957 as opposed to 2023.
Obviously the GFSZ signs do not work as intended. 95-98% of mass shootings occur in GFSZ.
State run mental hospitals have been closed down.

Other than society having more criminals and mentally ill running loose on our streets, along with court systems coddling these criminals what has changed?
The number of guns and the types of guns in the hands of criminals and those with mental health issues has changed.

Our country had been on the right track with the assault weapons ban. Gun deaths declined. The country was further on the right track with the expansion of mental health services, until funds dried up and/or were diverted.

Other countries do not have the gun violence problems we have here. It is past time for us to look at the whys and hows of their successes and learn something.

With that said, FreeAdvice is not a discussion forum. We handle questions from individuals who are struggling with their own personal legal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">