• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gillette Blade Getting Rusty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luiz

Hello,

I bought an 8 pack of Gillette Fusion 5 blades (P&G) and the blades are getting rusty after only a few days in the shower. I've changed it 4 times, and all of them are having the same problem.

I'm afraid it can be an issue with tetanus.

Could you please advise if I should sue P&G, or is it not worthy?

PS: I live in NJ.

Thank you!

Just Blue

Hello,

I bought an 8 pack of Gillette Fusion 5 blades (P&G) and the blades are getting rusty after only a few days in the shower. I've changed it 4 times, and all of them are having the same problem.

Thank you!
sigh...don't use the rusty blades. Take them, along with the bill of sale, back to store you purchased them from for a refund. If you haven't had your tetanus shot...go to your PCP and get one.

FlyingRon

Rust doesn't generate tetanus. The rusty nail thing is because nails left outside frequently get rusty and crusty nails can harbor bacteria found there, and they're pointy and may get into the body. It's unlikely you're getting tetanus from a blade lying around in your shower no matter how rusty it will be.

If the store won't replace it out of hand, complaint to Gillette. I've found them pretty responsive. I've had them send me a coupon for free blades just for making a gripe.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Despite what people believe, stainless steel WILL rust. It's known as "corrosion resistant steel", not "corrosion proof steel". Since I started keeping my blades in the vanity drawer instead of the shower several years ago, I've had NO rust on any razor blades.

PayrollHRGuy

I've found my Fusion blades stopped getting any rust on them when I moved them to a high shelf in the back of the shower that didn't have water hit it directly very often. Previously when they did get rust it was just very mild surface stanning that wiped off with a washcloth.

All that said and in answer to he OP's question. Even if the blades were faulty you wouldn't have a damages claim for tetanus until you actually got tetanus.

Just Blue

Rust doesn't generate tetanus. The rusty nail thing is because nails left outside frequently get rusty and crusty nails can harbor bacteria found there, and they're pointy and may get into the body. It's unlikely you're getting tetanus from a blade lying around in your shower no matter how rusty it will be.

If the store won't replace it out of hand, complaint to Gillette. I've found them pretty responsive. I've had them send me a coupon for free blades just for making a gripe.
To clarify...I am aware of what causes tetanus. But OP should get her/his booster shot. ;)

laurakaye

Hello,

Thank you!
How about letting Gillette know. (Along with following all the good advice here about how to store your razor.)

https://gillette.com/en-us/contact-us

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">