• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

girfriend broke into my computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris n

I was away. I asked her to let my cat out. She then got into my tablet. She air dropped pix of me with another woman. She then texted them to me to prove that she knew I was cheating.
Can I sue her in civil court? and would I be successful?

Eekamouse

I was away. I asked her to let my cat out. She then got into my tablet. She air dropped pix of me with another woman. She then texted them to me to prove that she knew I was cheating.
Can I sue her in civil court? and would I be successful?
Should have asked your side piece to let the cat out.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?
What money have you lost?
How did she get in to the tablet?
Where do you find the cajones to cheat on the woman and then think you can sue her when you're caught?

TigerD

What US state?
What money have you lost?
How did she get in to the tablet?
Where do you find the cajones to cheat on the woman and then think you can sue her when you're caught?
He didn't say he cheated on her. She used a pic of him and someone else to support her belief he was cheating.

Zigner

He didn't say he cheated on her. She used a pic of him and someone else to support her belief he was cheating.
I understand where you're coming from, but the OP's subsequent response to my questions shows that he was cheating on her.

Zigner

Florida.
none
she figured it out,
I'm not married, I can date who I want
Then she is obviously not the one you want to date.

Let's put this to bed for you: You have no economic damages, so there's nothing to be gained by suing.

quincy

If she accessed your device without permission, she technically violated the law. But it hardly seems worth the time or effort to do anything about this.

You probably will want to search for a new cat sitter.

Zigner

I have to wonder if the (now ex) girlfriend was ever allowed to access the tablet...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">