• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

girlfriend and witness to an attempted murder case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I need some quick advice. I was a witness to a shooting imposed on my boyfriend. The detectives who are handling this case say I am a suspect. So far they have asked me to answer questions about my relationship and I have told them that I love my boyfriend. They want to know if we ever got into fights or had domestic violence occurences. I told them no, we argue just like everyone else. They continued to ask me questions which I felt were irrelevent and I told them that I plead the Fifth Ammendment. They left and then later called to ask me if I would submit to a polygraph test. Again I told them that I did not see the relevance in a polygraph test. Currently, I live with my boyfriend and I feel as if I am being harrassed.

Do I need a lawyer? Can these detectives arrest me because they think that I have something to do with the shooting of my boyfriend? What should I do? I am paranoid because I know detectives are sleazy and I feel they want to pin an attempted murder case on anyone who does not want to answer their harrassing questions.

F

Flee

Dear Harassed: Maybe you are being harassed but probably not. The detectives have more important things to do. If you are involved see a lawyer, if not, talk to them if you wish. If you want to help - talk. Simple! The cops have to search to find evidence and can do it in many different ways so what you see as irrelevant may not be to them. Let them do their job and so be it. If you have something to hide then shut up and see a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">