• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girlfriend arrested for indecent exposure, 2nd offense.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spaceweathet

I'm in michigan. My girlfriend was at the beach and had a wardrobe malfunction and a family unfortunately saw her breasts. That family became upset and called the police and falsely claimed she did it on purpose.

What can I do? She's still in jail and I can't afford to get her out.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Has she contacted a bailbondsman? If not you may try to assist her in connecting with one. They effectively act as insurers to guarantee the defendant will make her court appearances. They are required by Michigan to collect 10% from the defendant (which will be refunded if the defendant makes all court appearances) and the bailbondsman will also charge a fee for the service. The Branch County Sheriff's Department has a page that explains the different kinds of bonds available in Michigan. If she can't get a bond arranged she'll likely have to sit in jail for awhile. Her lawyer may be able to work something out to bring the bail amount down to something she is able to afford.

If this was the first time this happened I'd be less skeptical about the claim that it an accidental "wardrobe malfunction". But the odds that happening twice are pretty low which starts to look like she does indeed do it deliberately. I obviously don't know what her real state of mind was at the time, but you may want to keep an eye out for the possibility of yet another "malfunction" once she's dealt with this problem. I would think you don't want an incident to occur that gets you dragged into her legal problems.

adjusterjack

When did this happen? What date?

Has she been before a judge to plead not guilty? If that hasn't happened, when will it happen?

With no money for immediate bail she is likely to stay in jail until her arraignment.

When she pleads not guilty she can asked to be released without bail and ask for a public defender.

Since this is a second offense she might have to post bail.

commentator

Was she, by any chance, highly intoxicated at the time? Exhibitionism of the type you describe isn't accidental and really isn't a healthy sign. And I really agree, two of these type incidents is lots more than one. One gets you on "funniest home videos" two indicates if nothing else, a drinking problem or a serious attitude and mental stability issue. I'd be looking at her getting into some kind of treatment as soon as she is out on bond, either d&a treatment (overdrinking in that part of the world is fairly common) or seeing a counselor.

quincy

I'm in michigan. My girlfriend was at the beach and had a wardrobe malfunction and a family unfortunately saw her breasts. That family became upset and called the police and falsely claimed she did it on purpose.

What can I do? She's still in jail and I can't afford to get her out.
Did this happen on one of the big lakes or on one of the small lakes? It could make a difference in how the incident is eventually handled.

Here is a link to the law and what your girlfriend faces upon conviction:

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/Laws/MCL?objectName=MCL-750-335A

Once released from jail, your girlfriend might want to invest in a more secure swimsuit. A “wardrobe malfunction” could be a legitimate excuse once. Twice? Not so believable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">