• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girlfriend lives for free!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pwortlandbwoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

Hello, I have a roommate whose girlfriend has been living with us now for a month and a half and plans to stay for at least another. The problem is she pays no rent, and she literally is living there. Takes all her showers there, eats all her meals there, sleeps there every night.

I have requested that since I now have 2 roommates to split the rent three ways. But the roommate refuses. He says they are only paying for one room, which is half the rent (yet ironically he agrees that utilities should be split 3 ways).

Has anybody else been slipped the old "two for the price of one" routine? Any advice?

Pwortlandbwoy

The sad part is he does. But rather than do anything about it (he agrees with my case) he would prefer if we "work it out". His interest is to try to keep us both in the apt through the winter season.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">