• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girlfriend staying while husband still married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokols

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA:mad:
Two questions here. I've been legally separated for 2 years. Both Attorneys want us to reside in the family house. We have been doing so and up until 3 months ago we were sharing household expenses. My husband refuses to find work although he is receiving unemployement. The courts for the time being have ordered me to pay the utilities and house payments. Would this include in your opinion the home owners insurance and property tax?
My husband invites his girlfriend over frequently for dinner, and sleepovers. Ive voiced my disapproval and believe this is not appropriate with me living under the same roof, my younger son lives in the house, and we are still married pending a court date. Both him and his girlfriend ignore my request that she not be in the house while we both occupy it. Is there any legal actions I can take? He also invites his family over and they verbally attack me. I don't feel I can even come home from work to my own home!!!!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

You can ask the court for temporary possession of the marital home. That will allow you to throw him out - although you'll be responsible for all the expenses.

Banned_Princess

For some reason, in 3 years the judge has not decided who gets the house, since they agreed to live together because both lawyers are on holdout for the house. .

or they haven't finished the divorce for whatever reason, and now its all important to get him out. she probably doesn't have the money.

They have to have been to court, because she is ordered to pay all of the expenses, because he cant work. unemployment is employing him for now.

really cold hearted if you ask me. Ouch.

spckd.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
For some reason, in 3 years the judge has not decided who gets the house, since they agreed to live together because both lawyers are on holdout for the house. .

or they haven't finished the divorce for whatever reason, and now its all important to get him out. she probably doesn't have the money.

They have to have been to court, because she is ordered to pay all of the expenses, because he cant work. unemployment is employing him for now.

really cold hearted if you ask me. Ouch.

spckd.
What drugs are you on today? Really.

Sokols

The police dept told me I'm screwed and can't do anything. LA courts are backed up and we have gone to trial 2 days and another 2 to go although the dates are very spread out. Im paying everything but his phone bill and cable TV bill. And now I pay for him to BBQ steak dinners for his GF. I will ask the courts to put an order in temp. to keep her and his family out of the house I guess. I know he's not looking for work as he wants me to support him.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Is it possible for you to basically NOT leave any food in the house for the STBX and GF to eat. If it were me, I might be tempted to move the fridge into my locked bedroom. If too much argument, purchase a cheap second hand one and leave NO food out.

LdiJ

Is it possible for you to basically NOT leave any food in the house for the STBX and GF to eat. If it were me, I might be tempted to move the fridge into my locked bedroom. If too much argument, purchase a cheap second hand one and leave NO food out.
I agree. There is no reason why you should have to spend money for his girlfriend and/or his family to eat. You do the same thing with sundries. Keep everything locked in your bedroom (toilet paper, shampoo, laundry detergent...the works). Take it out only as you need it.

If you have to put a double lock deadbolt on your bedroom door to make it work, do so.

Sokols

Still she comes over

Well he still deliberately has the new girlfriend for sleepovers while Im there. We appear in court for the 3rd time next week. Should I ask the judge to 1) put an order through for no Boyfriends or girlfriends on the property until the divorce is settled and property is distributed or 2) I can stay elsewhere so my son and I aren't subjected to this ridiculous situation, in turn I would propose that I be excused from the property tax, housepayment and utilities as I will be paying this elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

Look lady
Until such time that a judge says otherwise, this man as dispicable as we believe his behaviour is, can have whoever he wants, whenever he wants in his home.

You can do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">