• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Girlfriend's Health Insurance Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaydepps

First, thanks to those who reply. I am not sure I have the full details, but apparently my girlfriend recently was supposed to receive health insurance when she was promoted to full time. She did all the paperwork to get said insurance and sent the final papers. She figured everything had been sent since there was no further contact from the insurance company and she believes they began taking insurance out of her paycheck every week. She will verify this today. She had been getting allergy shots and checkups, but today she needed an x-ray on her wrist and they said her insurance wasn't valid. She called the insurance company and they said she had not enrolled and that they could allow her to enroll in January. Is there any course of action to take or will she have to pay for the X-ray(how much would that run)? Thanks for the advice.

Jaydepps

Sorry should have said that earlier. They said she never sent the last piece of paper which she said she did.

ecmst12

If she isn't covered she will have to pay for all the care she has received. Why on earth would she just assume she was covered without a card or policy number?

TIMMAAYY

Maybe she's never had insurance before and didn't know?

Ya never know. I've seen more questionable things than that. Most people have no idea how their insurance works, what it "covers", or how much it really costs, because they've never had to deal with it. Not their fault... they've just never had to learn about it.

Either way, tell your girlfriend to call the doctor and wherever she got her x-ray and try to negotiate. Explain what happened. Maybe they can bargain with her a little.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">