• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving custody to my Ex's new husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Md. and would like to, in the interest of my son, give parental rights to my ex's new husband. Any advice on how to approach this subject with my ex? What would my options be if they said no to adoption?



try this

I'm not sure if this will work but if your x's spouse has
fallen under the equitable adoption rule you might be able to rid yourself of your obligations. However I have tried to approach my x with this very samr topic and she has denied the withdrawl of my rights and obligations. I believe you should try to ask your x's spouse before you ask your x. If the spouse agrees the x can do nothing legaly but the x can do something in the household as in being angry with that person which will probably change their mind. Good luck and please let me know how it goes. ANDREW

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential