• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving evidence to the opposing side? Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dana L Simmons

From Georgia:

Giving evidence to the opposing side? Contract?

A defective $20 transmission filter from NAPA auto parts destroyed my transmission running up $2733.34 in repair cost. NAPA denied that the filter could do such. The Ford engineer that designed it said ABSOLUTULY it would. So I paid experts $195 to tear down the transmission and document it. Now NAPA is giving in and filing a claim. “BUT” NAPA wants to give the defective filter to the company that made it for inspection to prevent future occurrences. Makes sense, however I see my evidence as out of my hands.

So, is there a standard contract for handing over evidence to the opposing side? Just want to cover my rear till the check is in the bank.

Thanks for any help.

stephenk

Sure. once you settle your claim then you let them take the filter for testing. let them know this in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">