• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving notice to quit management job...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bre's_mom

What is the name of your state? Wasgington state

I am a Resident manager for some apartments. I am currently in college and will be done with my course in May. I plan on giving my 2 week notice to quit this job, sometime in April. I was told by one of my tenants, who took a Resident manager training course that I am supose to give a 3 month notice. I've never heard of this, so I was hoping that someone could tell me if this is true?
Thank you..:p

FarmerJ

What might be more important to learn is If you resign will you be able to stay there ? I have heard of some places having it in the leases for onsite resident managers to have to vacate when they quit or if they are fired . was there any thing showing what the policy was when you started this job ? If you have a regular lease like everyone else with no way of management evicting you because you quit then I would guess unless you had a employment contract that called for something different that 2 weeks should be fine BUT you might want to take the time to carefully review your lease and all documents you have that are related to the job first before taking any action . If you run into any thing in the docs you dont understand seek a consultation with a lawyer .

HomeGuru

Bre's_mom said:
What is the name of your state? Wasgington state

I am a Resident manager for some apartments. I am currently in college and will be done with my course in May. I plan on giving my 2 week notice to quit this job, sometime in April. I was told by one of my tenants, who took a Resident manager training course that I am supose to give a 3 month notice. I've never heard of this, so I was hoping that someone could tell me if this is true?
Thank you..:p
**A: I have never heard of that either.

Bre's_mom

Gosh darn it... you caught me

I was even looking over my spelling, cause I know how IAAL is with the spelling being wrong. It is Washington..:p Well I'm glad you have never heard of having to give a 3 month notice to quit my job. To farmer-I never received a copy of my contract, But I know that I have an old lease from the previous owners, when I got this job new owners bought the place, so I don't have the newest lease, but mine is still valid, but it does not say anything about loosing my townhouse if i quit this job. Thank you for all the imput, if you have more, please tell me..:p :p

HomeGuru

Re: Gosh darn it... you caught me

Bre's_mom said:
I was even looking over my spelling, cause I know how IAAL is with the spelling being wrong. It is Washington..:p Well I'm glad you have never heard of having to give a 3 month notice to quit my job. To farmer-I never received a copy of my contract, But I know that I have an old lease from the previous owners, when I got this job new owners bought the place, so I don't have the newest lease, but mine is still valid, but it does not say anything about loosing my townhouse if i quit this job. Thank you for all the imput, if you have more, please tell me..:p :p
**A: I don't have anymore imput.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">