• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving up Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VSPeck1

What is the name of your state? Indiana - If a woman voluntarily terminated her parental rights when her child was an infant, but maintained a relationship with the child as the child grew older, what are the possibilities of having those parental rights restored? The child is now 9 and the mother is getting ready to marry my son. My son wants to have a good relationship with the child and they have a very stable living condition and are financially very secure. They currently get the child every other weekend and on some holidays but the father holds the fact she has no "legal" rights to the child over her head and it bothers my son. We know she will need to retain a lawyer to go to court. Her concern is that if she retains a lawyer and attempts to restore her parental rights, the custodial father will not let her visit with the child at all and if she doesn't get her parental rights restored then she may never be able to have visitation with the child again. She is also not sure if she would have to pay back child support for the past years when her rights had been terminated. She has not had to pay child support since she voluntarily terminated her rights.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Please have the woman who terminated her rights log in. Apparently the child has a mother because an adoption had to take place

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">