• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving up rights to a shared well

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

All wells drilled in Arizona must be permitted by the Arizona Department of Water Resources. This requirement should have been met. If there was no permit granted, I agree it would be a mistake to try to move ahead with any quitclaim or other available action without speaking to an attorney first.
You know I'm super skeptical of 'shoulds' - especially if the development was designed for shared wells.

LdiJ

Yup. “Should have” acquired a permit definitely does not mean “did acquire.” :)
While I agree, installing a well is not a DYI project and I honestly cannot imagine that the type of company that drills and installs wells would risk doing one without a permit.

quincy

While I agree, installing a well is not a DYI project and I honestly cannot imagine that the type of company that drills and installs wells would risk doing one without a permit.
I agree. That is why I “assumed” earlier that the new well was permitted - and babsdelite2 never said my assumption was incorrect.

That said, I agree with xylene that the new well needed to be permitted by the ADWR and registered in babsdelite’s2 name so there should be proof of that before taking any action on rights to the neighbor’s well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">