• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gone but not Forgotton

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was arrested for disorderly conduct in which a 13 yr. old young man kinda stretched the truth...a lot. The officer who took my statement closed the case for lack of creditable evidence, but the Aunt of the young man continuly called the police dept. insisting to press charges so that is why it went to court. Fortunately the young man still could not keep his story straight and I was found not guilty. I did not even have to testify and the Judge did lecture the young man on his behavior. I have paid out a good 2 thousand dollars for lawyers fees and had a few medical problems due to the whole matter. I would like to know if I can file some kind of lawsuit against this Aunt to repay me for the damages of monetary and emotial stress caused by arresting me on false charges? If so, could I have her pay for all other lawyer fees incurred?
I live in the state Of IL.
Or in your opinion should I let it go and forget?
It has been an experience to say the least.



Well, since the aunt didn't offer testimony, and the 13 year old did, the aunt is probably not likely to be able to be sued.

Have you asked a local attorney? Many attorneys offer free consultations

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential