• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good man needs help girlfrend is co owner of the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agoodman

What is the name of your state? kansas hello me and my girl friend has live in our house for 4 years i pay all the bills and i took care of her son and help her pay for school she did the walk at Kansas university but she still has a few more classes to do so she does not have the degree i thought we would get marry when she graduate but she came home and told me she wants to move on and not be with me anymore we are co owner of the house i ask her what she wan't to do she said she want's the house and do not wan't to sell i want the house but i am willing to sell if i have too and know i can take care of it but i know she won't be able to she just got a job and plan on getting another one but i know it won't be anough to pay for everything i try to talk to her and try to work something out but for some reason she been mean to me and i need to know what to do so i can get on with my life if i live my name on the house she will miss a payment and mess up my credit and if i take my name off the loan that's 4 years of my money down the drain please help a good man

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Have your attorney file Partition for sale against her and ask for all costs and fees to be taxed against her.

She must be thinking that you are in a common law marriage. Well, this college girl is about to get a real life lesson.

There are three requirements which must coexist to establish a common-law marriage in Kansas: (1) capacity to marry; (2) a present marriage agreement; and (3) a holding out of each other as husband and wife to the public.

Your situation meets only one of these requirements.

Also, even if she could get a judge to recognize your 'union' as common law, since you have supported her through her college career, been the primary care giver and have paid the majority of the bills, you would have a good case for alimony on a rehabilitative basis.

Just tell her the house is being sold and if she doesn't like that, (pointing) there's the door. Don't let it hit her in the ass on the way out.

BelizeBreeze

FURTHERMORE:

I'd better ask before the idiot patrol that seems to have invaded this forum posts.

First, are BOTH names on the deed?

agoodman

BelizeBreeze said:
FURTHERMORE:

I'd better ask before the idiot patrol that seems to have invaded this forum posts.

First, are BOTH names on the deed?
yes both names are on the deed and we just refinace the house so i don't think we have any money in it to give to me

BelizeBreeze

agoodman said:
yes both names are on the deed and we just refinace the house so i don't think we have any money in it to give to me
Then you have a choice to make.

You can leave her on the deed and let the home appreciate in value or;

You an sell the home and split the debt, or;

you can buy her out of her interest.

Since you just refinanced I want to be clear on this. Both names are also on the deed correct? For What did you use the money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">