• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got burned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peachy

About a year ago I bought a fireplace log, it was a "Hearth Crackling log"
Our fireplace dose not have a step, only ceramic tile leavle with the floor.
I lit the log, and it stared to melt on the ceramic tile and I used a fireplace broom to sweep it back before it got on the carpet.
All of a sudden I seen sparks everywhere.
I freaked out and tryied to put out small fires around the area not knowing I was badly burned and my hair was on fire.
At this time my arm and my stomach hurt like hell, as soon as my boyfriend got home he rushed me to the hospital. I had secound degree burns to my right hand, arm and stomach. The next day I took pics of this and my house. a few days later I consulted a Atty. He said this would be a huge case and was egar to take it. I gave him the hospital papers, a fire log ( I bought 2) and the pics.
Oh, before I got ahold of the Atty, I e-mailed the company to expline what happen, the did responed said I should have had a fire extinqer there and did not even say sorry, I also made a copy of this letter and gave it to my Atty. He called me a few times and said he was going to do a class action suit. So I waited about six months for him he never called. So I called him and he said he threw all my stuff away. He said there was no case. Dose anyone know what the hell he did? Please help if you can.

Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">