• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got into a car accident and now getting sued need help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlufLust

California

Me and my Mother (the driver) where pulling out of a wallmart parking lot when a Prius hit us while she was backing out across from us. She was completely at fault and not hurt at all. She dident speak any English and we had to wait 40 minutes for someone else to come to her car and give us her insurance info. Her son or someone shows up and is talking about how he is a lawyer and he is sorry and wants to handle everything and takes down all of our info. After the entire thing was done we both left and where expecting the insurance to deal with everything. This happened July 3rd. We come home today with a court summons on our door saying we did 25k in personal damage and property damage. The lady was completely fine and we have pictures of her standing next to her car and the whole accident. I tried calling walmart to see if they have tapes and they said they might but it would be hard to find and we need to file a police report. Not really sure what to do from here and we can not afford a real lawyer. Any advice is appreciated, thank you. Also Im not sure if this is the right forum to post on but if anyone could tell me where to post it I would appreciate it.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
California

Me and my Mother (the driver) where pulling out of a wallmart parking lot when a Prius hit us while she was backing out across from us. She was completely at fault and not hurt at all. She dident speak any English and we had to wait 40 minutes for someone else to come to her car and give us her insurance info. Her son or someone shows up and is talking about how he is a lawyer and he is sorry and wants to handle everything and takes down all of our info. After the entire thing was done we both left and where expecting the insurance to deal with everything. This happened July 3rd. We come home today with a court summons on our door saying we did 25k in personal damage and property damage. The lady was completely fine and we have pictures of her standing next to her car and the whole accident. I tried calling walmart to see if they have tapes and they said they might but it would be hard to find and we need to file a police report. Not really sure what to do from here and we can not afford a real lawyer. Any advice is appreciated, thank you. Also Im not sure if this is the right forum to post on but if anyone could tell me where to post it I would appreciate it.
Let your insurance handle it -- that's what they're there for. So call your agent and forward the summons on to them.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Then as you were previously told, your mother should be contacting her insurance company again to advise them of the documents she's received. They will take care of the rest.

Last edited:

sarahgadon

First, you contact the insurance company urgently. The evidence that you have present in front of them. Tell them the full story of your accident. They can provide you with the utmost help to solve your problem.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First, you contact the insurance company urgently. The evidence that you have present in front of them. Tell them the full story of your accident. They can provide you with the utmost help to solve your problem.
Please stop popping on to others' threads to simply parrot the advice they've already received. If you are, as I believe you are, an account created to simply post spam down the road, you'll get shut down pretty quickly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">