• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got ripped off/defrauded by a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


David DeFrance

california--my car needed a new engine, but the person i went to did not do the work and kept my money, and then he abandoned his business and ran. i tracked him to his home, he refused to pay and i took him to small claims, where he failed to show up and i was granted my claim by the court. but he still refused to pay, sold his home and ran before i could serve any more legal papers. recently i found his new address but i wish to prosecute him for fraud and grand theft, if possible. due to this person's actions, i had no money to go elsewhere for repairs, and my family refused to loan me money to fix 'used junk', so i was forced to buy a new car, since walking was not an option. so, to the point -- how do i get this guy to pay for what he's done? if i send more paperwork to him, he'll only run again (he's lived in ten different residences since '95, according to his records).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential