• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gov. vehicle hit me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I work for the Housing Auth. City of Pgh. while parked at the main maintainance bldg. a housing truck back into me causing $600 damage (June 21),said he was sorry. Filed an accident report they said they are not liable. Today June 27 I was parked outside one of the boiler rooms I inspect and a housing box van ran into me, a different person and he said he was sorry; another $400 damage, filled out another report and of course was told the same thing. Can I get any compensation? This is Pennsylvania. My insurance company said they will pay both claims. Both parties where working I suppose.



If your insurance co will pay the claims, then let them worry about collecting from th gov; most states have very strict procedural rules and strit time limits that govern bringing claims against governmental entities, so if want to sue, for example in small claims court, at least consult with an attorney and perhaps buy an hour of attorney's time so that do the procedural steps properly.

George H. Senteney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential