• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Government life insurance policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maerand

What is the name of your state? KS.
My father passed away and left one biological child (myself) and 3 step children. The policy he had does not honor step kids.

My mother had affairs and the last two kids she had were not my father's. Because she carried my father's last name (she was married to him) her last two kids were given his last name. She falsified the divorce papers and the birth certificates.

The insurance company will not honor my claim and pay the remaining funds to me. I have been declared his only heir through the courts but the insurance company will not honor the decree.

The claims representative located one of my mother's younger children and mailed a claims form. Naturally the claim was returned in hopes of cashing in on my father's policy. I sent several affidavits (including the names and locations of the natural father's of my 3 step-siblings) to the claims rep confirming that I am the only biological child per the claim form instructions. Addtionally, the claims rep has not sent me any progress reports on the claims; she only calls with instructions from her "supervisor." She will not provide me with any addtional inforamtion (i.e., the attorney's name of the step child that filed a claim), although she is providing information to the step son.

I initiated the claim filing per instructions from the office of personnel for the government.What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">