• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gov't imposed lien in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toomnyhats

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
About 13 yrs ago my grandfather had some health problems that required him to move to a nursing home. Since my grandparents couldn't afford the care he needed, he went on public aid. In exchange my grandmother approved a state lien, we believe, for only the house and for only 50% of the selling price.
She's not sure where she filed the papers and is wondering does this lien apply to only the house/property or does it include the contents of the house? Is it possible the lien is for 100% of the selling price AND include the contents?
He was in the nursing home about 2.5 yrs before his death if that matters any.
To obtain a copy of the papers she signed would she contact the Dept of Public Aid?
Thank you for all of your assistance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">