• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GPDR: effect on US-based forums?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I don't mean to raise this thread again, but I notice a lot, and I mean A LOT or websites have that annoying popup generally at the bottom of the page asking you to confirm to their use of cookies and such, including this one. I see that this site is hosted in the U.S. and yet there is that pop up.

I have added privacy terms as a global announcement to my forum and a link in the footer to that global announcement with the included ability for a user to delete and/or erase their content. Even though I'm not living in the EU or that the server is in the EU, I'm compling based on that fact so many other websites are and I don't feel like getting sued by the EU and not ever having the ability to step foot there ever again.

Question: I use the reverse proxy CloudFlare on my website. They have edge servers located all over the world including the EU. Since my content can be fetched from an edge server in the EU would that mean I have to be compliant to GDPR?
Please start your own thread. Reviving older threads for comments or questions by anyone but the original poster is frowned upon on this forum.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">