• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grades and transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efincherna11

What is the name of your state? The grades on my sons transcript are incorrect and this is keeping him off of the honor society. And the board will not intervene. I want to sue.
Alabama

quincy

What is the name of your state? The grades on my sons transcript are incorrect and this is keeping him off of the honor society. And the board will not intervene. I want to sue.
Alabama
How do you know the grades are incorrect?

If incorrect, do you know what caused the errors?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Alabama
Public or private school? What grade level? How far off is the transcript? And importantly, what damages has your son suffered from being off the honor society? While it's a nice accolade, in general not making honor society for a semester or quarter isn't going to materially change your son's life or his opportunities. Unless you can show some harm (beyond loss of prestige/status) there is nothing for which to sue.

quincy

Do you know what caused the errors on the transcript?

Do you know why there is reluctance (or refusal) to correct the transcripts?

efincherna11

This is a public school? My son is a senior. Three grades are wrong. About 4 points. The transcript was sent to colleges incorrect which affected his GPA and a loss of scholarships. If he earned those grades I want him to have them and that prestige. Also the county is not in compliance with the consent decree. If I cannot sue what can I do?

efincherna11

In one of the classes the grade was put in incorrectly. So when they averaged the semester 1 and 2 they used the correct grade which was lower than the one that was put in. for example, he had a 84 but they used a 79 for calculation,
The other grades semester 1 and 2 did not average out to be the yearly average

efincherna11

In the consent decree of 1994 the document talks about extra curriculum activities and mentions Beta Club specifically which is an honor society. It states that the school administrator and principal must have or show and agressive campagin .......I cannot remember the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">