• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandfather Clause To Extend New Business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purplesugar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware
I have a used oil service in my State and a large property upon which our storage tanks are located. We're currently zoned Agricultural and Residential. However, the grandfather clause allows the tanks to remain here.

I'm wondering a few things about that. Does the protection afforded the GC collapse, if we remove those tanks?

Can I venture off into a new oil business, and use that same property to place storage tanks for new oil and do so under protection of that aforementioned Grandfather Clause. (GC)?

Any assistance also in how to pursue a new oil (#2 home heating oil) business and/or links as to help me further understand my options, are greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you for reading me.

P.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Please do not screw with the fonts and formatting. Your post is difficult to read.

Chances are that your grandfathering will not cover the expansion in the nature and the amount of non-conforming storage. However, land use issues are usually very local. Your best bet would be to get a local land use attorney to look at it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">