• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandma intuition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Is this thread for help or is it for deaming my spelling correct and parenting perfect. So far, it's just been a spelling lesson and turning one smack into several. I hope your not the admin for this site. Cuz it's a piss poor excuse. My parenting has already been decided. Why is it all the sudden up to you
I asked if you went to grannys to pick up your child and you didn't answer that question. Did you go to your mothers and tell your DD to get her stuff and get in the car? Or were you expecting Grandma to drive DD home?

Riserjess

The name of a form. Here is an English lesson for you. The name of a form specifically refers to a peice of paper that is deemed appropriate for any
What is it you are wanting to file?
Anything that states she has no rights and if she keeps my child, she will face the court. I'm simply trying to force my mom to respect my rights as a parent

Just Blue

Is this thread for help or is it for deaming my spelling correct and parenting perfect. So far, it's just been a spelling lesson and turning one smack into several. I hope your not the admin for this site. Cuz it's a piss poor excuse. My parenting has already been decided. Why is it all the sudden up to you
If you are using talk to text, please stop. it is messing up your posting and putting a drastically different meaning to what you are saying. Please re-read your posting so you can understand why were are posting as we are. :)

Riserjess

Ok, I will be more careful. Yes, I have gone and told her to get in the car. She wont. I called the police and they will not remove her nor will they press kidnapping charges. They told me to get a lawyer. I can't afford one. So I need to know what documents to file so I can stop my moms path of destruction.

Just Blue

The name of a form. Here is an English lesson for you. The name of a form specifically refers to a peice of paper that is deemed appropriate for any

Anything that states she has no rights and if she keeps my child, she will face the court. I'm simply trying to force my mom to respect my rights as a parent
There is no "form" for that. You could file a criminal complaint for parental interference.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
So I need to know what documents to file so I can stop my moms path of destruction.
Contact a family law attorney. The attorney can start out sending her a letter that states if she interferes with custody further you will seek an injunction/order of protection which will order her to stay away from you and your child. Just be sure you are willing to follow through and seek that injunction if she ignores the letter.

ajkroy

Riserjess, this forum is all volunteers who give up their personal time to help people.

Your posts are difficult to decipher and different words can have very different legal meanings.

Being rude to the volunteers won't make them want to help you any faster.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And yes I smacked her.
What you're "getting grief" over is your typo. Which you have to admit - snacked her forehead - is rather amusing.

At the end of the day? Go pick your daughter up. If that doesn't work? (And no, law enforcement will do nothing) Speak with an attorney about filing against (your) Mom for custodial interference. But I'd certainly be looking at family counseling for you/daughter.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Absent any court documents specifically giving some sort of custody rights to grandma, then I would say that the police certainly should help. You may need to speak to a supervisor at the police department...and maybe that officer's supervisor too, if needed. This is not a normal "civil" matter...this is active interference with your rights. This is, legally, no different than a random stranger holding your child.

Having said all that, I suspect that there may be important pieces of the story missing, so the above may not apply.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

What makes you think your daughter won't just run away back to grandma's or whomever's if you try to force her to come back home? You two need to go to counseling apart and/or together to work through this and get your relationship back on a better level. She's probably afraid of living with you at the present time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">