• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Would like to know how to go about getting custody of grandson. Daughter has signed guardianship and power of attorney over to me and said she will let me have custody of him. Would like to do all paper work myself, cannot afford lawyer. She doesn't want him anymore. Please let me know of anything I can do. Donna Ashville, Ohio


Senior Member
if the mother is willing to allow the adoption and it's just a matter of filing the paperwork.

have you checked on a paralegal service in your area? they will get the paperwork ready for you at a fraction of the cost of an attorney. then it is just a matter of a filing fee and the judge signing.

you could also run a search for legal aide in your county. they may have someone who could assist with the paperwork. also possibly sliding scale attorneys or pro bono

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential